Kanchipuram, April 20, 2019: Ashok Leyland, flagship of the Hinduja Group, and India’s largest bus manufacturer, today donated the next generation school bus – SUNSHINE to Hand-in-Hand India, a Non-Profit Organisation. This prestigious organisation is currently operating two matriculation schools in Kanchipuram that targets first generation learners. These schools currently accommodate 800 students, from pre-KG to Tenth Grade.
The 40-seater SUNSHINE bus will facilitate the movement of students from these two schools in Kanchipuram. With an impressive array of industry-first features, the 40-seater SUNSHINE bus reflects the world of children, making every day travel fun, memorable and provides maximum protection for children and its occupants.
Speaking on the occasion, N V Balachandar, President-HR, Communication and CSR at Ashok Leyland said, “Being the largest bus manufacturer in India and the fourth largest in the world, we have a responsibility towards public transport, including school children. School children are the most precious asset for any country and to provide a safe and comfortable commute is our duty. Extending this duty through community engagement, we have been donating our buses to various schools, NGOs and other institutions, mostly catering to children from economically challenged backgrounds. Our brand philosophy, Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet, also extends to our society at large. We are happy to associate with Hand-in-Hand India, to ensure that students commute to schools in a stress-free environment and at the same time reduce school dropouts that are owing to the distance and unsafe travel methods. Our next generation school bus, SUNSHINE is shaped by technology and expertise of global standards that will transform the daily commute of children making journeys safer, happier and more comfortable.”
Dr. Kalpana Sankar, Managing Trustee, Hand-in-Hand India said, “We are delighted to collaborate with Ashok Leyland to provide best and safe transport mobility to school children in Kanchipuram. I am confident that the students who travel from different locations will now feel comfortable and safe travelling in Ashok Leyland’s SUNSHINE bus, making their daily commute a joyful experience.”
Key Highlights – SUNSHINE
- India’s first school bus with frontal crash protection and rollover compliant design.
- India’s first school bus with anti-bacterial interiors, revolutionising hygiene during travel.
- Fitted with i-ALERT, a state-of-the-art tracking software, through which parents can monitor their child’s movements and location, get pick-up and drop alerts; while school operators can benefit from the Vehicle Health Monitoring System.
- A host of child-friendly and superior safety features such as lowest fixed step entry, Happy Seats, Worldview Windows, emergency exits, to name a few.
- Drivers can enjoy best-in-class features such as all-round visibility of children, driveability and maneuverability.
- BS IV compliant with superior reliability and highly durable aggregates.
- Available in school, college and staff bus variants.